We've been working on a little something!
Backchannel has both 1:1 and group chat, and an optional second inbox for message requests. This means you can use it to...
- Discuss your rooms in real-time. If you’re a speaker, you can use Backchannel to chat with your co-hosts, plan what question to ask next, or decide who to pull up from the audience. If you’re a listener, you can chat with your other friends in the audience any time you’re in a room. Just tap the airplane icon—or swipe left—to access the chat thread.
- Send and receive questions from the audience. If you’re a speaker, you can now take questions from people via text—and use that to decide who to call up from the audience. If you’re a listener, you can now submit questions, even if you’re not able to come up on stage.
- Say thanks to someone. Receive a payment? A good question? An invite to a great room? Use Backchannel to say thank you.
- Plan your events. A lot of work can go into planning a good event. Now you can use Backchannel to coordinate with your co-hosts, organize questions, decide on guests, and collaborate before you go live.
- Chat with your Clubhouse friends. When you meet people on Clubhouse, it’s nice to be able to keep the conversation going after the room ends. Now with Backchannel, you can. :)
Read more about the Backchannel here. There are a lot of additional features we’re working on for v2, and so stay tuned over the coming weeks for a steady stream of updates. As always, our plan is to get it to you early and evolve the product based on your feedback.
That’s it for now. As always, thank you for being part of the Clubhouse community!